Our Client, a large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require a Joiner/ Welder to join their team.
Role : Joiner / Welder
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : £11.93 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance and repair service to woodwork and other building fabrics in buildings, bridges, fences and other property as directed.
- Responsible for all minor to major joinery repairs and installation works.
- Make decisions on the methods used and sequence of actions undertaken in relation to any joinery and building maintenance work.
- Report any woodwork and building defects to the Foreman Joiner.
- Assist in the moving and removing of office furniture, filing cabinets and Other heavy goods in accordance with current Health and Safety guidelines and requirements.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- Time served Joiner or equivalent (City and Guilds at Advanced Craft Level/NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry (site) or Joinery (bench)).
- A minimum of 2 years Joinery experience as a time served joiner in the last 5 years.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working with power equipment/hand tools.
- At least 6 months experience of supervising a team.
- Have an awareness and understanding of all related Health and Safety issues.
- Ability to lift heavy / awkward items.
- Ability to undertake vehicle inspection checks as required and reports defects.
- Full clean driving licence.
Desirable Criteria :
- Recognised qualification in any of the following:
First Aid, Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Working at Heights, Manual Handling, Scaffolding, or Hoist
- CSR Card Holder.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.