Our client requires a Junior Buyer to assist the Purchasing department for four weeks initially.
Working within a team of two other buyers, the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic sourcing, tendering and auditing of new and existing contracts within our supply base. Maintenance of records on current ICAPs database, identify and develop projects to reduce costs and lead times whilst maintaining quality and supply.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills and establish positive supplier relationships
- Must be able to drive innovation from current and new sources of supply
- Liaising with relevant business units to ensure that no conflicts occur with regards to product availability
- Driving key performance improvement with a focus on internal stakeholders to hit targets
- Ideally will have strong procurement experience within the electronics industry
- Strong excel analytical skills
- Strong administration capabilities and proficient use of Excel
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Quality focused.
A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing the company and their clients
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.