Junior Buyer - Artisan Food
Junior Buyer - Premium Artisan Food Products
- Permanent role with excellent career progression opportunities
- Source & purchase high end artisan food products for premium brands
- Join a supportive, hard-working team in a market leading organisation
At Staffline Recruitment we have a super opportunity available for a Junior Buyer with a strong food background to join a busy Buying Team with an established reputation for the source and supply of superior quality food products.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a similar role with ambition to grow into a Senior Buyer position. A passion and strong knowledge of food products will be essential for all applicants along with the drive to succeed, learn and develop.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generally, be a support function to the senior Buyer in dealing with Supplier's day to day.
- Assist the Senior Buyer with supplier set up. Compiling information for supplier approval and product set up.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Buyer and Marketing Team in planning and execution of Seasonal launches and Brochures to accompany.
- Assist the Senior Buyer with range reviews, benchmarking and tenders.
- Solve pricing queries from suppliers and assist Accounts dept. with Invoice matching queries
- Support the Sales and Commercial team with general queries on Range & Price
- Work closely with the Supply team to avoid shortages and assist with Supplier delivery issues.
- Maintain Supplier JBP Masterfile and manage process to Invoice suppliers annually
- Agree with supplier's promotion costs and volume availability, maintaining and updating promotion Masterfile preparing pricing for Commercial approval.
- Maintain supplier contracts ensuring that all agreements are in writing and on file.
- Assist in implementation of data tidy up and process improvement.
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A passion for food is essential
- Category Management experience an advantage
- FMCG or Wholesale experience an advantage
- Supply chain, Food manufacturing, FMCG experience and knowledge highly desirable.
- Microsoft office ( Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- ERP system knowledge
- Ability to analyse situations and problem solve as required, work under own initiative
This person needs to have a positive attitude, work on their initiative as much as possible while being part of a team, with the requirement to be flexible to change. This role falls under the Senior Buyer, but may be asked to complete tasks by other Senior Managers. This role can act as a sales support function also, so will be dealing with Customer centric queries on a daily basis.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, then please do not delay in sending a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For a confidential discussion about the position, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.