JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER - BALLYMENA - 37HPW - ONGOING TEMP - 10.59PH
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist the Graphic Design team in managing the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council brand and associated sub-brands. Contributing to the graphic design service and ensuring that internal and external communications and materials are consistently produced to the highest standard.
Successful candidates will be required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Artworking templates in line with brand, such as social media stories, posts and GIFs, e-shots, eventbrites, leaflets, posters, brochures, signage and PowerPoint presentations
* Working closely with, and taking briefs from, managers and officers
* Making amends to copy, images and design
* Preparation of artwork files to digital specifications
* Preparation of artwork files to advertising specifications
* Re-touching imagery
* Department admin including liaising with printers for quotes, specifications, sign off and delivery
* Delivering high quality work on time and on brand
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) including English Language, Maths and Art.
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two years' relevant experience in the field of graphic design, to include:
- working as a graphic designer in a graphic design studio or providing an in-house graphic design service
- successful delivery of projects using a range of desktop design software packages such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash or equivalent packages
A sound working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites including of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and AfterEffects.
A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook