Junior Mechanical Engineer
This position requires the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgement in the performance of assigned tasks and assisting in the mechanical and design cycle of product development.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will also work in cooperation with the sales and marketing managers, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design, development, and evaluation of new and existing products.
- Use AutoSprink 3D software to design, evaluate, and archive product documentation.
- Review design specifications and requirements under direction, develop designs to best support them including cost as a key design variable.
- Assist in the evaluation and troubleshooting of products.
- Develop bill of materials, routers, and costing analysis, as needed.
- Work with domestic and international factories to develop and support products.
- Troubleshoot product performance issues reported by sales and customer service teams.
- Update engineering manager with regular reporting of progress and status.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
- Attend and provide product knowledge at trade shows, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical engineering, preferred
- Extensive experience with AutoSprink
- Experience with mechanical design using metals, plastics, glass, and rubber
- Availability to work some nights for product testing, required
- Strong attention to detail
- Works independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience with Industrial Design, preferred
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software