Junior Quality Technician
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Junior Quality Technician on behalf of our client based in Monaghan whom have two sites. They have recently expanded their business which has created this wonderful opportunity for one individual.
The role requires an energetic and dynamic person who can work well unsupervised and on their own initiative. The candidate will report to the Quality Manager and will work alongside an existing team to ensure that both product and process meet specification, statutory obligations & customer requirements. The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for controlling the day to day quality activities in addition to implementing, maintaining and improving the Quality Management System for both sites. The roles will involve working at both sites, typically on a 3day/2 day rotating basis.
Key Responsibilities to include:
Through daily routine monitoring and verification ensure all products are produced to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation.
Conduct regular hygiene and fabrication audits, quality checks, label verification, system compliance checks, microbiological sampling, recording and trending.
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance's / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing corrective actions, liaising with customers.
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard.
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints.
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality and how this is incorporated into their daily duties.
- Ensure Quality KPI's are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure the QMS is implemented, maintained, and improved on where necessary.
- Prepare for, participate in and in some cases, lead customer visits & 3rd party audits.
- Champion the quality agenda on the site always.
- Assist with the Implementation and maintenance of the company's Origin Green plan.
- Participate in monthly farm audits and annual farm Bord Bia audits.
- Holiday cover in other quality department areas as and when required
- Provide and deliver training programs to new and existing employees.
Skills & Requirements:
- Diploma / Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised but also work well as a team player
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Some understanding of HACCP principles, Bord Bia standards and BRC V8 would be desirable but not essential.
- Ideally have 1- 2 years' experience in a FMCG environment however full training will be provided
- Full clean driving licence