Junior Sous Chef
Staffline Recruitment are currently looking for a Junior Sous Chef on behalf of our client based in Co.Cavan.
We are currently recruiting for the Experienced Food and Beverage attendants to work within our Restaurants, Conference & Banqueting and Bar Departments. The role is Located in Co. Cavan, just 90 minutes from Dublin and provides luxury award winning 4* hotel accommodation. The Hotel is set on 300 acres of land, including 50 acres of lakes, an 18 hole championship golf course, a par 3 Academy Golf Course, a superb leisure centre, a state of the art conference centre and an award winning luxury Spa.
Reporting to the Head Chef the successful candidate will assist in aspects of managing and leading the kitchen and kitchen personnel ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Mainly this role will involve responsibility for the restaurants offering a modern selection of world flavours and culinary delights from Irish classics to Italian, Asian and seafood dishes.
Excellent Employee Benefits and Career Opportunities working with us:
- Staff Accommodation provided
- Competitive salary and incentives provided
- Full training provided
- English Language classes provided
- Winners of the IHF Quality Employer Award 2019
- Award winning 5 star gold EFQM (European Foundation Quality Management) award
- Active Employee Health & Wellbeing Programme - Yoga, Mindfulness,
- Employee assistance programme - free confidential helpline
- Free use of Gym & Leisure Centre
- Full nutritious meals Provided
- Active Employee Social Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Progression-including opportunities to gain recognised QQ1 LEVEL 6 third level qualifications
- Employee Discounts & Incentives
- Reactivate & your first Eures Job grants may be available
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years' experience in a Supervisory role in a 4 or 5 star hotel or restaurant
- Highly motivated to achieve excellence in their career
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Administrative skills including the ability to use computers
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility regarding working hours essential as weekend work will be required
- Culinary qualification is preferred
- Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene
- Certificate in the Management of Food Hygiene