Staffline Recruitment Cork are looking for Kitchen Porters to join a busy team based in Co. Cork. This is a full time and temporory role with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidates. This would suit candiates living in the Macroom/Millstreet area of Co. Cork.
- Ensuring all food hygiene regulations are adhered to, in particular HACCP regulations
- Checking in of food deliveries ensuring that only the highest standards of produce is accepted into the units.
- Ensuring that all food storage complies with food hygiene regulations and that F.I.F.O stock rotation system is being followed
- Cleaning duties associated with service and related equipment and/or furniture
- Preparation of service area and/or service points
- Correct storage of food items and equipment after service
- Maintain personal hygiene, appearance and uniform to company regulations at all times
- Comply and assist in the promotion and implementation of the company's health and safety policy
- Monitor and record food and equipment temperatures.
- Assist in other unit kitchen onsite during quieter periods in hospitality
- Be aware of safety hazards within the kitchen and surrounding areas and to report them to your line manager
- Other duties assigned by your line manager from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- A keen interest in food and service
- Previous experience in a high-volume kitchen as a kitchen porter.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility in hours of work to account for business levels and evening functions
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- A good knowledge of Food Hygiene including HACCP.
- Good understanding of English.