Lab Technician, Crumlin
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
About the Role:
To conduct all in-house testing of end products as per their frequency, ensuring results are within the set parameters to ensure quality products at all times. You will liaise with the Production Manager and undertake remedial action and investigations where product quality is compromised, implementing corrective actions.
- Preparation and testing of both in-process and finished product samples in accordance with written procedures.
- Assess and audit the day-to-day operation of the waste water treatment plant, including microbiological performance.
- Accurate and timely recording of test results and completion of reports and analysis relating to environmental and production performance.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, safety, and upkeep of the laboratory and the equipment housed there.
- Be responsible for the routine calibration of instrumentation.
- Be responsible for the development and updating of internal and external specifications and product information including electronic specifications.
- Manage laboratory stocks and maintain levels of consumables
- Keeping up to date with technical developments.
- Preparing samples for outside lab comparisons and evaluation.
- At least 2 years general laboratory experience in a testing and analysis capacity.
- Computer Literate
- Educated to HND level in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science
- Experience in working accurately and methodically with numbers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have a methodical approach to work and have experience in working to tight time scales.
- Confident communicator, with the ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written terms at all levels across the company.
- Must be flexible in terms of the requirements of the role and hours.
- Previous experience in working with chemicals.
- A good appreciation of Health & Safety within this environment.
- Private Health Care
Please contact Caitriona McKerr for further information on 02892667585