Our client requires an experienced Laboratory Administrator
Location - Craigavon
Hours of Work - 37.5 hours
Pay Rate - 9.37p/h
The principle function of the Core Laboratory is to deliver projects involving discovery, development and delivery of clinical tests. These can be either customer projects or part of the Almac Diagnostics internal pipeline. The laboratory administrator assists the laboratory staff in the timely delivery of projects and tests, performing administrative support for laboratory tasks.
The post holder will:
- Liaise with project managers and general supervisors to ensure the clinical site communication log is maintained and updated as necessary.
- Review and address all mail messages receipted into the clinical testing inbox in a timely fashion. This involves ensuring any clinical site/sponsor queries are promptly dealt with by forwarding to the relevant personnel for delivery of the required feedback. This also involves reviewing sample shipment email updates and populating the clinical testing schedule with forecasted sample details as appropriate.
- Ensure clinical sites are informed of the receipt of their samples in a timely manner. Ensure clinical sites are made aware of any specimen acceptability issues or discordance between Test Request Forms and samples receipted, in a timely manner. Ensure any delay to sample processing is relayed to clinical sites/sponsors as appropriate.
- Update spread-sheets and databases specific to clinical testing.
- Issue approved patient test reports to clinical sites in a timely manner.
- Arrange the shipment of samples, reagents and kits to/from customers, suppliers and clinical sites.
- File, photocopy, fax and generate PDFs of clinical testing documentation and maintain laboratory files to a high standard.
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and related documentation in consultation with general supervisors.
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of clinical laboratory key performance indicators by generating reports from clinically relevant databases as and when required.
- Provide regular updates to the General Supervisors as and when required.
- Track and complete invoices for outsourcing activities associated with clinical testing.
- Ensure that all clinical site/sponsor contact is carried out with a high level of professionalism in order to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Organise internal and external meetings as and when required, including teleconference and webex where necessary.
- Generate agendas; take minutes and action items for meetings and teleconferences.
- Generate presentations for meetings as and when required.
- Perform all required tasks within the necessary defined timeframe.
- Fulfil any necessary administration duties required to assist in the management of the clinical laboratory.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times while representing Almac.
- GCSE Maths and English Language at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in an administrative role to include word processing experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages (to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentational and interpersona
- Proven ability to compile detailed instructional documentation
- Proven ability to adopt a methodical approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectivey contribute within a team environment.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a Quality Control/Quality Assurance environment
- Proven working knowledge of clinical research