Our client in Craigavon requires an experienced Laboratory Assistant
Location - Craigavon
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
The post holder will support the daily, efficient running of the Almac Diagnostics Laboratories. This includes ensuring that housekeeping is kept to a high standard, sufficient resources are available on a regular basis and to assist with the maintenance/calibration of laboratory equipment.
The post holder will -
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping within the laboratories and production areas.
- Remove all lab waste to the appropriate storage areas.
- Assist in the safe disposal of spent and expired reagents and kits
- Manual handling of gas cylinders and dewars
- Assist in the maintenance of automated and non-automated laboratory equipment.
- Assist in stocking and maintaining the laboratories with the appropriate lab reagents, consumables and glassware.
- Assist in the receipt of laboratory consumables and reagents
- Be responsible for ensuring that laboratory and production tasks are carried out according to Almac Diagnostic Services standard operating procedures.
- Perform packaging operations to produce clinical trial packaging to cGMP.
- Carry out all stock inventory tasks required to maintain production such as maintain inventory, perform weekly stock checks, inspection and release of goods into the production areas and component labelling.
- Adhere to instructions as detailed in batch documentation and SOP's.
- Assist in the generation of production documentation as and when required by senior staff.
- Assist in the assembly and labelling of manufactured reagent and control products.
- Operate at any Almac Diagnostics site.
- Other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Supervisor/Manager and that fall within the general remit of the post.
- Proven ability to effectively contribute within a team environment
- Proven ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and associated work instructions
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to perform routine tasks whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work undertaken
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language at Grade C or above
- Previous production experience
- Proven working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice