At Dale Farm, we believe our success is built on our people, and so as we embark on our ambitious transformation journey, we are looking to recruit the following key position based in our Pennybridge Factory in Ballymena.
As part of our ambitious transformation journey, we now wish to recruit for the following key position:
As a Laboratory Technician, you will be a key member of the site Quality and Technical team who will be responsible for safe, accurate and timely completion of testing, quality checks, and communication whilst contributing to the overall function of the Technical and NPD team on site.
Reporting to the Technical and NPD Manager, your main duties will include;
- Butterfat and Constituent testing - Gerber and Rapid testing methodologies along with use of pilot samples to conduct daily bias adjustments to ensure accurate results in addition to Freezing Point Depression measurement.
- Maintain MSDS and COSHH sheets / ensure a clean organised workplace free from hazards following all site PPE and compliance requirements.
- Prompt communication of results to Management and creation of Nonconformance / Certificates of Conformance and Analysis reports.
- Working to schedule in sampling processes around site ensuring aseptic technique is used and batches accurately created and communicated to the Group Laboratories.
- Environmental Testing of Effluent in an accurate and timely manner.
- Quality and Food Safety checks to be rigorously completed including Fluorophos testing / Organoleptic testing / Cross checking of Use By Dating and Correct labelling.
- Participate in investigations to assist with site improvements with reliable result circulation and test design and provide assistance to Production Shift management in meeting objectives.
- Conduct Utilities compositional testing and circulate results to Engineering team.
The successful candidate for this role will approach their work systematically, show the attributes to being reliable, the ability to provide detailed accurte analysis and communication, and will provide assistance within the Technical team in preparation for audits.
In return the company offers plenty of challenge, attractive shift patterns, a good working environment and a competitive benefit package, including pension and life assurance.
Only applications from EU Nationals or those with a valid permit to work in the UK will be accepted.
We are an equal opportunities employer