Labour Market Partnership Business Support Officer
Business Support Officer required for Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder must be prepared to accept evening work as part of the normal duties and normal working hours of the post.
Main Purpose of Post
- The post holder will carry out business support and administrative duties relating to Labour Market Partnership and its Subgroups, committees and support the business support function within the Prosperity and Place department.
- The post holder will provide an efficient, professional and customer orientated service to customers, staff and partnership members.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to work of the Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative service, for the Labour Market Partnership and the Leisure and Development Directorate to include, compiling letters, email correspondence, reports, mail merge, distribution of mail, filing, data, and spreadsheets.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, take minutes and distribute to relevant personnel.
- Provide administration and support to Labour Marker Partners, in the organisation and arrangement of engagement and consultations events, to include booking of rooms, administration, catering and any other associated duties.
- Maintain filing / records management in line with the Council's Retention and Disposal Schedule, ensuring filing is carried out regularly.
- all relevant minutes, reports and agendas are circulated to the Labour Marker Partnership, sub committees, working groups and issuing where required to Regional Labour Market Partnership, Members and statutory bodies.
- To assist in the co-ordination of the quarterly claims for submission to Department for Communities.
- To manage and update relevant ICT systems to ensure there is an open on-line presence which is promoting the work and role of the Labour Market Partnership.
- Maintain Declaration of Interest Register and any other statutory registers held in the directorate.
- Collate and compile accurate data / reports for Labour Market Manager and officers within the department.
- To provide an information and advisory service for Members attending meetings and carrying out other duties, organise training and training arrangements as
- Maintain effective communications within the Business Support team to deliver the service within the directorate.
- Providing excellent customer service, in all areas of work promote a positive image of the Council.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service. Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups and prepare and present reports as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent, which includes English Language and a numerate subject
A minimum of two years experience within an administration role in include
- Dealing with members of the public and responding to enquiries from a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Input and retrieval of data
- Processing and administration of confidential and case sensitive information
- Completing tasks within timescales
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Package to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualification may be considered if they can demonstrate at least fours years experience as detailed above
Part time temporary funded role, 2.5 days per week
£9.50 per hr increasing to £10.60
Interested in this role please call Ashleigh @ Staffline 028 25642699 or email cv to Ashleigh.email@example.com