Landfill and Compost Site Manager
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Portrush require a Landfill and Compost Site Manager to join their team.
Role : Landfill and Compost Site Manager
Location : Portrush
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £18.58 p/hr 13 weeks £20.51 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Provide leadership, vision and modern business focus to ensure best value and the most economically advantageous process in managing the disposal of Council's waste arisings.
- To manage Councils waste disposal and treatment facilities including Craigahulliar Landfill Site and Letterloan Compost Site and ensure that they are in compliance with the relevant waste legislation, environmental legislation and with contracts entered into with outside parties, relating to waste activities in the Council area.
- Provide the Council interface with Northern Ireland Environment Agency, monitor activities and prepare reports to meet legislative requirements and statutory duties.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Third level qualification ( ie HND/C level or higher ) in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent plus 2 years experience supervising employees and Heavy plant within the last 5 years.
- 4 years experience supervising employees and heavy plant within the last 10 years.
- 1 years experience of managing the health and safety of employees operating heavy plant.
- 6 months experience operating a waste water treatment plant.
- Be prepared within the 1st 6 months of employment to successfully achieve COTC/NVQ Level 4 in Waste Management in :
- Non-Hazardous Landfill
- Waste transfer
- Must have a full and valid Driving Licence.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Must be available to work at short notice to respond to emergency call outs.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.