Member of team responsible for the product cleaning and decontamination of all equipment returned/processed through the Service Centre in line with the Company's Infection Control Policy.
A member of a cleaning team of two members must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to use own imitative.
- Cleaning of a wide range of products returned to the Service Centre consisting of such items as hospital beds, dynamic/static mattresses, and spare parts from medical equipment.
- Ensure the correct use of cleaning materials e.g. chemicals, cleaning procedures and cleaning equipment and spill kit when performing duties to comply with the Company's Infection Control Policy outlined in QSP20.
- Ensure waste/clinical waste disposed correctly in-line with the Company's Infection Control Policy.
- Check all equipment is clean and working correctly before use and any faults reported immediately to the Supervisor/Service Centre Manager. This includes the weekly temperature check on the washing machine as stated in QSP20.
- Ensure the correct use/wearing of PPE including waterproof footwear at all times when performing cleaning duties to comply with Company Infection Control Policy.
- Keep decontamination and cleaning rooms, including cupboards, and equipment clean and tidy at all times. To maintain the integrity of clean and dirty areas.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, are aware of and report any issues to the Service Centre Supervisor/Manager.
- To accurately record all movements of equipment by completing the necessary paperwork. Keeping all necessary paperwork and administration documentation as required.
- Monitor stock levels of cleaning products and PPE weekly and report to the Service Centre Supervisor/Manager when stock requires replenishment.
- Report all losses and/or damage immediately to Service Centre Supervisor/Manager.
- Assist with the induction and in-house training of new and existing staff.
- Attend department meetings.
- Ensure confidentiality on all matters relating to service users/clients details and information obtained during the course of employment.
- Any other duties as and when required by management that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company's objectives and goals.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY
- Osprey Steam Cleaner
- Spill kit
- IPSO washing machine or equivalent
- D30/ADG dryer or equivalent
- CSS Software on PDA
- Uses printer/copier
DECISIONS AND JUDGEMENTS
- Manages assigned workload and has the ability to adapt own workload to sudden changes in service requirements.
- Follows departmental procedures and works within Company policy system.
- Full understanding of Company Environmental and Quality policy and objectives.
MOST CHALLENGING/DIFFICULT PARTS OF THE ROLE
- This role involves the daily moving and handling of heavy items. Some items can also be awkward to lift or move. The mattresses are of various weights, some in excess of 20kg minimum, and depending on contracts the role can involve the moving and handling of at least 15 mattresses a day (therefore 30 lifts).
- Many of the products returned for cleaning are heavily soiled with bodily fluids.
- Occasional working in awkward positions
- Infection risk from equipment or environment
COMMUNICATION AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The highest standards in personal appearance and hygiene
- Any work experience gained in a similar roles
- Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm at all times to engage in training and personal development
- Capable of conversing with others pleasantly, clearly and effectively
- Interact with all potential and actual customers so as to enhance the reputation and standing of the company
- Ensure the Service Centre Manager is aware of your personal whereabouts at all times