Role: BESL / Law Clerk (EO1)
Rate of Pay: £14.92
Location: Working from home
Duration: Dec 2021 - March 2022 with possible extension
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37hrs per week
Assist team in responding to correspondence and briefings for Department of Health regarding the domestic covid regulations as required
Liaise with Departmental Solicitors Office and other stakeholders regarding drafting of regulations and amendments
Assist other staff who are supporting Junior Crown Counsel with the provision of detailed responses and document searches regarding judicial reviews of the Covid travel regulations
Other ad hoc tasks as maybe required.
- Working as part of the Health Protection for Covid 19
- Good level of computer literacy with a good working knowledge of TRIM (not essential) and Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word, and Outlook (training will be provided in specialist areas).
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- General legal background and experience of working with interpretation or drafting of regulations
- Legal experience with regulations or NICS regulatory experience
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33 and further checks maybe required. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kim Martin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**