Our client is currently seeking a "Lead Account Manager" to support the business they do within the Irish region. A competitive organization who has expanded from an SME in the 1940's to one of Irelands leading suppliers. Partnering with major retail chains this organization not only brings big flavor to your table but brings big opportunities to careers. This is a rare opportunity and one that is not to be missed.
Initially this role will be onsite to allow the selected candidate to familiarize themselves with processes and how the business operates. Once up to speed you will have the flexibility to work from home. Site visits with the organizations major Retail Partners will be necessary but it is only roughly 20% of your week. This is a National Account Manager role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and negotiate annual Joint Business Plans and Long-Term Agreements with key retail and convenience customers.
- Gather, analyse, and provide insight on the category through consultation with key accounts and relevant industry bodies.
- Liaise with members of Senior Management in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans and category plans for customers that are in line with the annual account plan and the overall company strategic plan.
- Work on product pricing model for submission of pricing to customers at tender time.
- Report on the sales and profitability and account initiatives to grow sales in your accounts on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with planning department and logistics on a weekly basis regarding forecast planning.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop, signoff artwork and order packaging.
- Develop planograms with retail customers.
- Implement, develop, and manage a new field sales team to ensure all brand activation plans at store level and customer planograms are being followed. Develop and audit their daily routes and manage their time accordingly.
- Submission of customer promotion plans per cycle or as required.
- Manage the costs associated with doing business with each of the key accounts.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the trading and supply chain teams in each of the key accounts. Also build relationships with managers of key stores at a local level.
- Work closely with production and quality departments in New Product Development. Key for existing private label customers and company branded growth. Delivery of NPD to your own accounts immediately after launch.
- To control debtors in conjunction with the financial controller.
- Visit all customers on a regular basis.
- Third level qualification
- Experience in FMCG
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in FMCG Sales / Business Development
- Evidence managing numerous key accounts and managing time correctly between small, medium, and large accounts.
- Strong numeric & commercial acumen to proactively manage major accounts to maintain product margin and meet account targets.
- Demonstrate previous exposure to own-label categories ideally gained in chilled foods, ready meals, meats, cooked meats, or other chilled food categories with regular NPD activity.
- Experience collating Joint Business Plans and negotiating Long Term Agreements essential.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Leadership Skills.
- Some attendance may be required at the office from time to time for business reasons and special projects.
Benefits are also available with the role.
If you are interested in this role please apply today for immediate consideration.