LEAD MRI RADIOGRAPHER
£43,000 - £49,000 PER ANNUM
**£5,000 SIGN ON BONUS**
FULL TIME - PERMANENT - 40 HOURS PER WEEK
To actively participate in the provision of a high quality, effective and efficient cross sectional Imaging Service primarily for MRI but with a willingness to include other imaging modalities as required .The post holder will ensure that high standards of service with a flexible and patient focused approach is maintained in accordance with the company ethos and practice.
- To set and maintain high standards of clinical imaging and personalised patient care.
- To work independently, exercise personal responsibility and maintain a strong clinical commitment and professional development in accordance with professional CPD requirements.
- To act when appropriate, in the role of an Operator and Practitioner, within own scope of practice in the assessment of referrals for imaging examinations, taking responsibility for the justification in line with Employers Procedures, Local rules, IR(ME)R ( when Relevant) and up to date protocols and techniques.
- To work as part of a team and promote multidisciplinary team working.
- To maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of MRI and manage faults effectively.
- To actively participate in Audit and Quality Assurance to maintain effective Clinical Governance.
- To act as a source of expert knowledge providing clinical and technical training/advice as required.
- To maintain accurate patient records by input of accurate information to reflect the service provided and meet professional standards.
- To comply with legislative and Company policies and procedures.
- To actively support, through your actions, the marketing and promotion of the company .
- To lead the MRI service showing accountability and leadership for its safe and effective delivery.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of Policies and Procedures to ensure best practice.
- To assist in the smooth operation of an efficient Imaging service on a daily basis by effectively organising and co-ordinating tasks and resources, show initiative in being able to provide solutions to service delivery problems in unforeseen circumstances.
- To maintain accurate and concise records to provide the data necessary for the evaluation and development of the service.
- To undertake the duties of the post in accordance with the relevant policies, including the Health and Safety at Work Order (1978) and Ionising Radiation regulations (NI) 2000 and the IR(ME)R (NI) 2000.as relevant.
- To ensure all personnel work within site protocols and procedures
- To maximise the efficient use of the scanner taking account of both budgetary and safety dimensions of a modern imaging service.
- To be proactive in educating both staff of BMD and other referring clinicians or staff in how MRI can be maximised as a diagnostic tool in modern healthcare.
- To participate in mandatory training and actively pursue CPD, maintaining an up to date knowledge of technological advances to promote a culture of continual improvement amongst all staff.
- To assist in staff orientation and induction programmes for new members of radiographic staff.
- To consider staff welfare, identify training needs and assist in the development and delivery of effective educational programmes.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional / alternative tasks may be required from time to time as directed.
FACTOR ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
QUALIFICATIONS BSc Radiography/DCR(R) or equivalent PgD/PgC MRI or Med Sci inc MRI
Recognised cannualtion course
EXPERIENCE Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience Prev experience in private healthcare sector
Minimum 3 years MRI experience Cardiac MRI
TRAINING Evidence of continued professional development
Willingness to undertake training & development as necessary
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE HCPC Registration at time of appointment Relevant PG training in MRI & SKILLS
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES Commitment to professional & self-development Outstanding verbal articulation
Good verbal & non-verbal communication skills Personable approach to the public
Good decision-making skills
Reliable, courteous & innovative
Flexible, able & willing to work in a changing environment
Good IT skills
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.