Lead - Regulation Analyst (Utilities)
Lead - Regulation Analyst (Utilities)
Location: Belfast, Co. Antrim
Salary: Highly Competitive
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Lead Regulation Analyst based in Belfast.
- Provision of regulatory economic knowledge and input to the revenue control for the business.
- Contribute to shaping the regulatory strategy for maximum effectiveness and ensure alignment with the Utility Regulator and licence requirements but also as appropriate aligned with the Group regulatory strategy to achieve optimal outcomes and realise synergies across the group.
- Management and oversight of Group annual revenue adjustment and tariffing process.
- Develop incentives aligning the business's performance with the value delivered to customers.
- Establish process to report and monitor performance both in term of services and outcome and in terms of regulatory and budget allocations.
- Primary point of contact in respect of regulatory financial models and modelling by reference to regulated businesses, working closely with the finance team.
- Develop and manage strategic stakeholder relationships including with the Utility Regulator.
- Coordinate and review the work of external economic consultants and the management of the appropriate budget.
- Provide regulatory support to other areas of the business in respect of relevant regulatory issues.
- Degree in Economics or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in an economic/analyst role, in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities, coupled with the ability to make reasoned judgements based on available information.
- Ability to draft documentation in a rational, evidence-based, clear and concise manner.
- Ability to guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Ability to express and clearly present to senior stakeholders internally and externally key economic concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of regulation/ regulatory economics.
- Knowledge of and experience in regulated price/ revenue controls gathered within a regulated utility, regulatory or consultancy environment.
- Demonstration of economic thought leadership in development of and support of an organisation's strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Demonstrated flexible working approach with ability to lead and prioritise a wide range of demands and activities whilst maintaining a professional and positive focus.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment OR call him on 02890323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland