Temporary Leakage Operator required for a large public sector organisation based in Seagoe.
Rate of Pay: £12.05 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:00)
Duration: 6 months sickness cover
- Use leak detection skills to investigate and resolve high DMA night flows
- Undertake leakage detection and location activity using acoustic sounding and correlation techniques
- Undertake non-complex step test activity including the design, planning and valve operations to quantify and localise areas of demand and/or leakage
- Undertake pressure zero activity including the design, planning and valve operations to prove DMA integrity
- Undertake DMA boundary valve checks and contribute to the effective management/maintenance of DMAs
- Undertake pressure logging operations including setup, installation, retrieval and download
- Undertake flow logging operations including set up, installation, retrieval and download
- Undertake noise logging activities
- Identify potential and confirm actual night usage by customers
- Receive work on Toughbook from Mobile Work Management and liaise with MWM Work Controllers to ensure effective use of own resource
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, EMS and quality requirements
- Participate in night as well as day working duties
- Undertake non-complex customer leakage investigation and determine the appropriate follow-on action required
- Liaison with customers in relation to both non-complex leakage and pressure activities and inform customers of actions required
- Collect all relevant customer information to allow the leakage notice or other relevant procedure to progress
- Uniformly follow, maintain and improve key processes through plan/do/review activities
- Address issues from the plan/do/review process to enhance functional compliance and performance
- One years' experience in a Leakage Detection or Networks Water environment
- Fully trained/current regarding refresher training or medically fit medically fit to undertake mandatory elements of H&S training including streetworks, manual handling and confined space work
- A current full valid driving license to enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
- A requirement to carry out planned and unplanned overtime as required to fulfil the needs of the role
- Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 25 miles travelling distance
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.