Temporary Leakage Technician required for a large public sector organisation based at their site in Seagoe, Portadown.
Rate of Pay: £12.94 per hour
Location: Seagoe Office, Portadown
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:00)
Duration: 6 months pending review
- Investigate and resolve high DMA night flows through the utilisation of advanced leak detection and water audit skills
- Undertake leakage detection and location activity using acoustic sounding and correlation techniques, including the use of advanced correlating acoustic loggers
- Undertake acoustic logger surveys, including data analysis, and follow-up leakage detection to resolve DMA leakage
- Undertake complex step test activity including the design, planning and valve operations to quantify and localise areas of demand and/or leakage
- Assess PRV performance and take action where appropriate.
- Undertake accuracy checks on flow meters and logging equipment through survey and flow tests
- Undertake noise logging activities and data analysis
- Identify potential and confirm actual night usage by customers
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, EMS and quality requirements
- Undertake complex customer side leakage investigation and determine follow-on action to be taken Liaison with customers in relation to both complex leakage and pressure activities
- Collect all relevant information in relation to customers to allow leakage notice procedure or other relevant procedure to be applied
- Address issues from the plan/do/review process to enhance functional compliance and performance
- Ensure that key processes are uniformly followed, maintained and improved, where appropriate, through strategic plan/do/review activities
- Assist with the adjustment of functional rules to meet operational needs (in line with area and field manager targets)
- Promote opportunities to improve general working practices
- Understand the importance of budget management and comply with financial guidance given by the Field Manager, including the need to make efficiencies.
- Two years' experience in a Leakage Detection or Networks Water environment
- Competent in the use of leakage detection equipment
- An excellent understanding of networks distribution systems
- Fully trained or currently requiring refresher training or medically fit medically fit to undertake mandatory elements of H&S training including streetworks, manual handling and confined space work.
- Competent in the use of computer and IT equipment.
- A current valid driving licence to enable you to fulfil responsibilities
- Permanent residence within 25 miles travelling distance to Seagoe Office BT63 5QE
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.