Learning and Development Administrator
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Scale 4 Learning and Development Administrator required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Scale 4 Learning and Development Administrator
Rate of Pay: £10.35
Location: Belfast - Boucher Road area
Duration: At least 6 months
As an integral member of the Learning and Development Support Team, provide a modern, professional and customer focused administrative service to support the various Learning and Development functions and the vision and mission of our public sector client and the HR Directorate.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. To provide a professional and confidential administrative service to support all the various Learning and Development functions in accordance with Learning and Development and NIFRS policies and procedures and relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection.
2. To provide a range of administrative and reception duties to support the service delivery of the Learning and Development Centre. Duties include the production of course materials, developing and maintaining the course commissioning documentation, maintaining records and archiving, producing minutes of meetings and ensuring a professional reception and first point of contact for callers and visitors to the L&D centre.
3. Ensure all employee Learning and Development records (manual and computerised) are up to date and accurate. Assist in the implementation of any new Learning Management System (LMS), develop expertise in it and provide advice and guidance to relevant staff as appropriate. Look for opportunities to maximise potential benefits of any new LMS and conduct audits or other quality assurance processes as appropriate.
4. To ensure that all computerised and manual systems used by the various functions in the Learning and Development centre are maintained accurately and on a timely basis, e.g. course commissioning documentation and course creation and code management. Ensure that version controls are applied and maintain a directory of archived material
5. To work collaboratively with the Learning and Development Team including Faculties and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and other relevant staff by providing support, advice and training as appropriate, on the design and production of professional documentation and course materials e.g. presentation formats, e-learning packages, templates for lesson plans, evaluation documentation, updating on-line content and providing copies of materials as required.
6. To produce timely, accurate and meaningful reports and statistics, manipulating data as required, on L&D activity for management.
7. Ensure that customers (email, visitors and callers) of the learning and development centre receive a professional service and are directed accordingly or responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion.
8. Help ensure a positive image of the Learning and Development Centre by designing high quality internal and external communications using relevant software packages in line with corporate guidelines (including copyright) and brand identity. Maximise the benefits of software packages improving graphic design and the visual development of materials.
9. Ensure an accurate and up to date knowledge and record of the whereabouts of L&D centre staff and their roles and responsibilities. Maintain staff records, including attendance management records and personal files, and ensure L&D
staff medical appointments are arranged and documentation is completed in a timely manner.
10. To provide guidance and support to course participants and line managers regarding Learning and Development interventions and the application of L&D policies and procedures as required.
11. Ensure the smooth running of Learning and Development related events e.g. organising venues, scheduling courses, booking travel and accommodation, raising purchase orders, dealing with invoices, ordering catering, maintaining stock and consumables and liaising with suppliers and contractors as appropriate.
12. Ensure that IT and AV resources are available and maintained and provide advice, support and training as appropriate to L&D staff in their operation as appropriate.
13. Process claims for travel and subsistence for NIFRS personnel attending courses in line with NIFRS policy,
14. To ensure compliance with and the effective administration of any imprest/petty cash provisions and stock control procedures.
15. Ensure that registration and certification procedures of Awarding Bodies are adhered to. Liaise with internal verifiers, external verifiers, assessors and candidates as appropriate and ensure all records are maintained as required.
16. To provide information to assist HR Advisors in the preparation of responses to complaints, Freedom of Information requests, Data Protection requests, Ministerial, Parliamentary or NI Assembly questions.
17. To demonstrate a team approach to achieving the objectives of the Learning and Development centre generally and the Learning and Development support team specifically, through full flexibility in relation to tasks undertaken.
18. To attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of the Learning and Development centre.
19. Fully contribute to the performance of the Learning and Development function to ensure key performance indicators for the function are achieved.
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, and
Have at least two years' experience of working in a Learning and Development administration function.
2. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
(c) a customer service orientation.
1. Have experience of working in a Learning and Development administration function within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary organisation.
2. Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress.
3. Competent in the use and basic maintenance of Audio Visual equipment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 11/03/2021 at 12noon