Learning Support Assistant
Mon - Thur 9am -4pm
To provide a support service to participants who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme. The role involves supporting the participant to achieve an Essential Skills (numeracy, literacy, ICT) qualification a supplementary sheet of duties will be provided. To carry out administrative duties required. This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings.
- Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and/or long term medical conditions in educational or training settings.
- Ability to actively listen and relate to participants in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with participants and use effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.
- Respect for diversity as you will be working with participants from a range of backgrounds.
- Access to own car is essential.
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the participants' needs
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the participant.
- Provide monthly updates to the Coordinator on the participants progress.
- Develop an understanding of the educational needs of the participant concerned and to reinforce their learning and to help keep them on task and motivated while building their confidence and enhance self-esteem
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your Manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.
Please note only candidate's that meet the essential criteria will be contacted.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org