Learning Support Assistant
You will get the opportunity to work with a leading charitable organisation based in Newry, but operate throughout Northern Ireland. Our client is dedicated and passionate about delivering programmes and providing support over 3 different services.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be responsible to provide a support service to participants whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Coordinator. You will adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the participant, provide monthly updates to DSS Co-ordinator on the participants progress, Develop an understanding of the educational needs of the participant concerned and to reinforce their learning and to help keep them on task and motivated while building their confidence and enhance self esteem.
The key duties above may change as you will have to be adaptable to changing circumstances and situations.
Hours of work: 15 hours per week spread over 2/3 days. Term time contract.
- GCSE's or Essential skills in Maths and English or similar qualification
- Experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and/or long term medical conditions in an educational or training settings
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop good relationships and rapport with participants
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills in particular MS Office
- Access to own car
- Access NI check will be required
- British Sign Language (BSL) with Note taking experience
- Rate of pay £12.50 per hour
- Opportunity to work with a forward thinking progressive organisation
- Working with remarkable individuals and participants
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information, you can contact Matthew Kirkwood on 028 71267799 at the Derry branch, or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button