To provide a support service to participants who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator.
If the role involves supporting the participant to achieve an Essential Skills (numeracy, literacy, ICT) qualification a supplementary sheet of duties will be provided. To carry out administrative duties required.
This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings.
Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and / or long term medical conditions in an educational or training settings
· Ability to actively listen and relate to participants in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
· Ability to develop a good rapport with participants and use effective interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.
· Respect for diversity as you will be working with participants from a range of backgrounds.
· Access to own car is essential.