Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant - Required Immediately
We are currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the team for one of our clients based in Newtownards. The role will be to provide a support service to participants who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator.
If the role involves supporting the participant to achieve an Essential Skills (numeracy, literacy, ICT) qualification a supplementary sheet of duties will be provided to carry out administrative duties required.
Job Description and Duties
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the participants needs, as agreed with the DSS Co-ordinator
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the participant
- Provide monthly updates to the DSS Co-ordinator on the participants progress
- Develop and understanding of the educational needs of the participant concerned and to reinforce their learning and to help keep them on task and motivated while building their confidence and enhance self- esteem
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.
- Ability to actively listen and relate to participants in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths
- Ability to develop a good rapport with participants and use effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite
- Respect for diversity as you will be working with participants from a range of backgrunds
- Access to own car is essential
- Candidates with BSL (British Sign Language) & with Note taking experience.
Hours of work
- Monday to Thursday
- 0900 -3.30pm
- This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings
Rate of Pay
- £12.50 per hour
Job Type- Full time, Temporary
If you are interested in the above position please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted