Learning Support Assistant
|Salary||Up to £12.94 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Megan Cooper|
Learning Support Assistant | £12.94 P/H
Staffline are currently recruiting for an experienced Learning Support Assistant. The role will require you to provide a support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Skills for Life and Work, Training for Success and/or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator. This role will be based in Newtownards and the working days will be Monday to Thursday with the hours 9am-4pm.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing specialist support, catering to each young persons individual needs.
- Preparing each support session in advance.
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to the Disabilities Services Supervisor Co-ordinator on the young person's progress through the completion of engagement records.
- Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documents.
- Act in compliance with all course examination, assessment, and validation requirements.
- Always ensure quality of provision.
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role supporting people with learning disabilities within a group environment and / or on a one-to-one setting.
- Effective 1:1 mentoring and motivational skills to encourage participants to undertake positive actions.
- Ability to demonstrate administrative skills with good record keeping.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media use.
- Knowledge of statutory services and relevant legislation especially child protection and safeguarding.
If you are interested in filling this position, please don't hesitate to apply or email your CV to email@example.com.