Learning Support Assistant
|Salary||£12.94 - £13.47 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Megan Cooper|
Employability Officer | £13.47
Staffline are currently recruiting for an Employability Officer. The role will require you to provide a support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Skills for Life and Work, Training for Success and/or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator. This role will be based in North Belfast and the working days will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9-4:30pm and Friday 9am-2pm.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing specialist support, catering to each young persons individual needs.
- Preparing each support session in advance.
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to the Disabilities Services Supervisor Co-ordinator on the young person's progress through the completion of engagement records.
- Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documents.
- Act in compliance with all course examination, assessment, and validation requirements.
- Always ensure quality of provision.
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role supporting people with learning disabilities within a group environment and / or on a one-to-one setting.
- Effective 1:1 mentoring and motivational skills to encourage participants to undertake positive actions.
- Ability to demonstrate administrative skills with good record keeping.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media use.
- Knowledge of statutory services and relevant legislation especially child protection and safeguarding.
- A full current driving license and access to a car.
If you are interested in filling this position, please don't hesitate to apply.