Lecturer in Mechanical Design
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- Deliver and promote training and teach on a range of programmes leading to the award of up to Level 5 qualifications.
- Liaise with Industry to develop courses which match industry needs.
- Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
- Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
- Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ:RS and awarding body requirements.
- Assist in delivery of staff development in mechatronics to college staff / Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
- Review and evaluate provision to ensure quality assurance in all areas.
- Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
- Co-ordinate programmes of study.
- Participate in subject team meetings and in school team meetings, including the leading of team meetings.
- Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning.
- Contribute to the development of new full-time and part-time engineering related courses throughout the School to meet the needs of the workforce and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with employers, Sector Skills Council and Awarding Bodies.
- To mentor students for competitions.
- Complete as required all administrative tasks associated with the post.
Hours of work: Full-Time
- Hold a Degree in a relevant mechanical/manufacturing engineering
- Demonstrate a minimum of 1 years' experience working in the mechanical/manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to carryout calculations relating to static, dynamic and thermodynamic principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a CAD system.
- Demonstrate excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and organise given tasks and objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification.
- Have relevant teaching experience.
- Rate of Pay: £28761 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.