Lecturer in Refrigeration and Air conditioning
Lecturer in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
The Client: Local Educational body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder is to become a member of the teaching team in current courses of study and assist with future developments.
* Plan, deliver and assess a range of programmes from Level 1 to Level 5.
* Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
* Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
* Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ: RS and awarding body requirements.
* Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
* Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
* Co-ordinate programmes of study.
* Participate in subject and school team meetings.
* Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning.
* Organise, participate in and supervise students during residential events.
* Contribute to the development of new full-time and part-time related courses throughout the School to meet the needs of the workforce and other relevant stakeholders.
* Complete as required all administrative tasks associated with the post.
* Participate in achieving outcomes required by the Training Organisation to achieve funding.
* Liaise with employers, Sector Skills Council and Awarding Bodies
* To mentor students for competitions.
* Attend and/or chair appropriate meetings.
Hours of work: FT and PT hours available - applicants need to be fully flexible and evening work may be required
Candidates must meet either Part A or Part B of the Circular Requirements.
Recognised by the Department of Education for teaching in Further Education in NI as per circular FE01/12 Qualifications required to teach in Institutions of Further Education?
1. Hold GCSE English (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Communication; and GCSE Maths (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or NICATS Access Maths Modules;
2. Hold a University Degree* in Building Services or related area
Hold a Level 5 or above qualification in Building Services or in a related area, which is on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) / National Qualification Framework (NQF) for England and Northern Ireland and have 3 years relevant industrial, professional or business experience.
* A Degree obtained at the University in the UK or the Republic of Ireland; or
* A Degree obtained at any other University, provided the Department accepts the standard and content of that degree as equivalent to those stated above; or any qualification deemed by the Department to be equivalent to a university degree
B. Essential College Requirements
1. Have completed a Level 3 or above apprenticeship in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or equivalent with certified documentation
2. A minimum of 3 years' experience of working within the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry.
3. Currently qualified as an approved Assessor and hold an A1 award or equivalent or be prepared to obtain an Assessor qualification
4. Have excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills.
5. Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral.
1. Hold a recognised teaching qualification
2. Currently qualified as an approved Internal Verifier and hold an IV / IQA award or be prepared to obtain an IV / IQA qualification.
* Rates of pay £23,080- £33,460 per annum
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.