Legal Advisor - Consumer Law - Permanent - Work from Home
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently working in partnership with a Dublin based not for profit organisation working in the area of consumer law. This organisation is committed to providing information, advice, education and outreach programmes in relation to consumer rights within the EU and are currently seeking a motivated and like minded Legal Advisor to take up a permanent post.
All staff within this organisation are currently working from home and will continue to do so indefinitely so applicants can be located anywhere in Ireland. There will be a requirement to attend the Dublin offices as required for meetings when it is safe to do so.
The Legal Adviser will take an active role in the management of the complaint handling function of the organisation, leading and supporting a small but busy team of out-of-court dispute resolution advisers to provide an efficient and effective service to the public, while supporting management in setting strategic targets and monitoring performance in the delivery of these functions and objectives.
- Provision of effective and timely advice on matters concerning the organisation
- Provision of information to the public on their rights as consumers, and of assistance in the resolution of cross-border consumer complaints within the EU/EEA
- Liaison with other counterparts, traders, ADR bodies and relevant stakeholders with a view to facilitating the resolution of consumer complaints
- Assessment and allocation of enquires and complaints to dispute resolution advisers and support officers, providing for clear instructions, guidance and support in respect of case handing and the interpretation of contentious issues
- Supervision of complaint handling activities, providing for case-management and related procedures, monitoring performance and reporting
- Dealing with escalations and sensitive issues
- Contribution to staff training and development
- Provision and maintenance of materials on consumer protection law and ADR, including website content and information-sharing tools
- Proofreading of materials for publication
- Contribution to outreach and networking activities promoting consumer protection and ADR development, attending and participating at conferences and seminars, as required
- Contribution to research projects, consultations, advisory groups and policy-making
- Co-operation with enforcement agencies
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Third-level qualification in law
- Highly organised, detail and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communications skills
- Team leadership and an ability to work on own initiative
- Critical judgment, analytical acumen and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
Desirable Skill & Attributes:
- Experience in a regulatory environment or delivering quality customer/public service
- Experience in and knowledge of consumer affairs issues / consumer law
- Familiarity with the EU institutions
- Experience in mediation or dispute resolution
The salary for the role is €45,000 (with 30 days annual leave & pension) per annum.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment using the enclosed link.
For a confidential chat or to find out more about this opportunity please call Laura directly on 086 1409232.