Legal Advisor - Consumer Law
Legal Advisor - Consumer Law
At Grafton Recruitment we are currently working in partnership with a not for profit organisation with Dublin City Centre offices. This organisation is committed to providing information, advice, education and outreach programmes in relation to consumer rights within the EU and are currently seeking a motivated and like minded Legal Advisor to join their team taking up a 12 month contract.
The Legal Adviser will take an active role in the complaint handling function of the organisation, leading and supporting a small but busy team of out-of-court dispute resolution advisers to provide an efficient and effective service to the public, while supporting the Manager in setting strategic targets and monitoring performance in the delivery of these functions and objectives.
- Provision of effective and timely advice on matters concerning the organisation
- Provision of information to the public on their rights as consumers, and of assistance in the resolution of cross-border consumer complaints within the EU/EEA
- Liaison with other counterparts, traders, ADR bodies and relevant stakeholders with a view to facilitating the resolution of consumer complaints
- Assessment and allocation of enquires and complaints to dispute resolution advisers and support officers, providing for clear instructions, guidance and support in respect of case handing and the interpretation of contentious issues
- Supervision of complaint handling activities, providing for case-management and related procedures, monitoring performance and reporting
- Dealing with escalations and sensitive issues
- Contribution to staff training and development
- Provision and maintenance of materials on consumer protection law and ADR, including website content and information-sharing tools
- Proofreading of materials for publication
- Contribution to outreach and networking activities promoting consumer protection and ADR development, attending and participating at conferences and seminars, as required
- Contribution to research projects, consultations, advisory groups and policy-making
- Co-operation with enforcement agencies
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Third-level qualification in law
- Highly organised, detail and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communications skills
- Team leadership and an ability to work on own initiative
- Critical judgement, analytical acumen and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
Desirable Skill & Attributes:
- Experience in a regulatory environment or delivering quality customer/public service
- Experience in and knowledge of consumer affairs issues / consumer law
- Familiarity with the EU institutions
- Experience in mediation or dispute resolution
The salary for the role is €45,000 (with 30 days annual leave & pension) per annum and the contract is for a fixed term of 12 months which will be renewed subject to availability of EU/ State funding.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell using the enclosed ling or call 01 4505288 for further information.
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.