Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Legal & Investigations Officer to start ASAP for a duration of Maternity Cover (6-9 months)
Pay rate: £16.18pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2, currently working at home
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Applicants must be a Solicitor who currently holds a practising certificate in the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland and possess at least 1 year's post qualification experience;
- Hold a minimum 2:2 honours degree in law;
- Possess practical experience in the provision of legal and other advice and support to clients directly;
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of children's rights and issues relating to children and young people;
- Be able to demonstrate how you have communicated confidently, clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to both legal and non-legal audiences;
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to relate to children and young people as clients in a warm and empathetic manner;
- Experience of recording and maintaining sensitive records on information systems and possess a high degree of computer literacy; and
- Have the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise of law, practice and policy issues relating to children and young people;
- Possess experience of providing legal advice to children and young people as clients;
- Investigative experience, preferably in a legal context.
- Provide information and guidance to clients who believe children's rights may have been breached or adversely affected;
- Provide a client focused complaints casework service, ensuring service delivery is consistent and meets required standards as set out in relevant policies and procedures documentation;
- Contribute to advice to government on policy / strategy matters relating to the rights and best interests of children and young people.
- Adhere to L&I Department's Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to internal and external guidance, legal and policy advice;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Attend tribunals if required;
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of services provided for, and practice and law related to, children and young people as directed.
- Maintain accurate records on NICCY's case management system;
- Attend all team meetings, including weekly case allocation & review meetings, monthly team meetings by the Chief Executive and others as required;
- Comply with GDPR, Freedom of Information and NICCY requirements relating to documentation and record keeping;
- Adhere to NICCY mission, vision and values
- On occasion, staff (including temporary staff) will be required to work outside the normal working week which may include evenings and weekends;
- Members of staff (including temporary staff) are expected at all times to provide the appropriate service and to treat those with whom they come into contact with in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Staff (including temporary staff) are expected to demonstrate their commitment to NICCY by regular attendance and the efficient completion of tasks allocated to them;
- All duties are carried out in compliance with NICCY's Health and Safety Policy and statutory requirements;
- NICCY is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All staff (including temporary staff) are required to adhere to NICCY's Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of employment;
- To ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in the staff of NICCY, staff (including temporary staff) must ensure they maintain the highest standards of personal accountability;
- Staff (including temporary staff), on occasion, will be working with children and young people directly;
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required as requested.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**