Temporary Legal Assistant required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £20.66 per hour
Location: Chichester Street, Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Up to 12 months pending review
- 1st stage case review - undertake a review of the case on first principles and provide recommendations to the SPP on evidence, initial actions, highlighting key issues or areas for Directing Officer consideration - and undertaking actions as requested by the DO
- Reviewing the full submission of ABE/BWV. The role holder will then review and highlight to the SPP key elements, issues and information to allow the SPP to focus their time on reviewing key evidence
- Undertaking all communication with Investigating Officers under the direction of the SPP to seek clarity of information, updates on cases, DIRs and any other activities requiring liaison between the SPP and the PSNI IO
- Liaison and organisation of victim's engagement, court personnel engagement and 3rd parties relating to disclosure, 3rd party requests etc.
- Engaging directly with the SCU Gateway team to highlight issues or areas of concern with standards of case files, quality of electronic evidence and noting trends
- Review of past cases, researching precedent or any other legal requests from the SPP in order to case-build or support on direction or decision making
- Undertake case progress activities for SPPs when they are on undertaking Duty Prosecutor activities/absent
- To provide advice and guidance to the PSNI and delivery partners on Disclosure and 3rd party requests
- Barrister or Solicitor who is entitled to practice either at the Bar of Northern Ireland or as a Solicitor of the Court of Judicature of Northern Ireland
- Have at least one year's post qualification advocacy experience in criminal cases, gained within the last 6 years, in a Magistrates' court environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence