Legal Information & Governance Officer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with this public transport firm to recruit a Legal & Information Governance Officer to operate form their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for and experience Compliance professional to gain unique experience in this niche, fast paced environment.
You will perform an integral role within the Legal and Governance team responsible for providing a central co-ordination function to the management of all requests received under information governance legislation to include Data Protection Act (DPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Environmental Information Regulation (EIR) and Departmental and Assembly Questions.
- You will be a self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic individual who is focused on building strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. You will provide advice, guidance and interpretation on matters relating to information governance to ensure all legal obligations are met and a timely request management function is provided.
- To manage a caseload of information access requests through recording and coordinating responses for information under Data Protection legislation, FOIA, EIR and advise the business on legislation.
- Accountable for the efficient and effective preparation, drafting and issuing of all responses to information requests under Data Protection legislation, FOIA and EIR.
- To liaise with the business to ensure that responses are complete, accurate and that internal processes are adhered to and statutory deadlines are met.
- To manage a caseload of complex information requests from the Department for Infrastructure and NI Assembly ensuring they are responded to on a timely basis. The post holder will also be responsible for the business wide co-ordination, collation and presentation of Departmental and Assembly Question responses and supporting material.
- Assist in undertaking internal reviews, preparing responses and adapting any lessons learnt into improving current processes.
- To assist with defending any appeals to the Information Commissioner's Office against decisions taken, and as applicable support the implementation of any remedial measures to be taken.
- To keep up-to-date on key issues relating to information governance law including updates from the Information Commissioners Office in relation to guidance and decision notices to inform internal decision making.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external) and customers across the business promoting best practice and demonstrating consistent support and advice in relation to all information governance matters.
- Experience of information based legislation at a practical level including: FOIA, EIR, DPA and GDPR.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a legal or public sector environment working within an information governance
- Ability to delicately manage commercially and culturally sensitive information.
- Awareness of current affairs and the environment which the firm operates in.
- Minimum of a 3rd level qualification.
- Ability to conduct audits and to report findings verbally and in writing which identify recommendations for corrective action.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competitive salary circa £27,000 - £30,000.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Free travel.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.