Legal Officer - DP
Role: BESL / Legal Officer DP
Rate of Pay: £20.66phr
Duration: 51 weeks
Hours: Monday to Friday
To provide legal policy development input to waste policy and legislation related to the NI Protocol, EU transition and other emerging issues resulting from EU Exit. The jobholder will also support the implementation of policy and legal requirements arising from EU Exit related waste policy matters to ensure their operational delivery.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interpretation of international and EU legal requirements for waste, the development of domestic policy and legislation to ensure compliance with the waste elements of the NI Protocol
- Contribution to the policy and legislative development of financial mitigations to any negative impacts related to waste created by the NI Protocol or EU Exit; and
- Identifying international and domestic legal requirements for waste and putting in place processes to ensure DAERA's compliance with these.
Specific Experience Required:
- Experience of analysing and interpreting NI, UK and EU legislation
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement policy
- An understanding of the machinery of government in NI, UK and EU
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and making legislation wither personally or as part of a team
- Experience in the field of waste or environmental policy
- Experience drafting legislation or contributing to legislative drafting process.
To apply, please click on the 'apply' button