Our client a large public sector organisation requires a Leisure Attendant to join their team in Larne.
Role: Leisure Attendant
Rate of Pay: £10.98
Hours: Casual on call
- Assist with and ensure the safety of Centre users and maintain a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Supervise the use of sports facilities including swimming pools and health suite.
- Undertake general lifeguarding duties associated with the swimming pools.
- Take statutory pool water/spa sample tests and if necessary, advise Line Manager of any required adjustments
- Distribute, erect, dismantle and retrieve equipment (including sports and exhibition displays etc) both indoors and outdoors.
- Demonstrate the use of fitness and weights equipment.
- Undertake general and specific cleaning duties, including internal and external areas, individually or as part of a team throughout the leisure centre - sweeping, mopping, polishing, dusting, vacuuming etc in sports and social areas, toilets, changing rooms, and offices.
- Collect user tickets and check armbands and control access for the various activity areas.
- Assist with outside recreation facilities under the remit and control of the Council.
- Ensure the general safety of all public/users of the centre.
- Check all equipment and areas throughout the building - for defects, and report same.
- Use specialised equipment within the centre eg spinal board, disabled hoist, defibrillator, evac chair, in line with Health and Safety.
- -Receive and store all stock
- -On occasion, provide job training to new starts and work experience students.
- -On occasion, as required
- Reception duties
- Administer first aid (as qualified), and or supporting duties.
- Attend staff training sessions
- Act as steward, and other related duties during events or courses. Assist at special events and functions as directed, providing refreshments, money handling etc as required
- Possession of a current lifesaving qualification, minimum National Pool Lifeguard Award or RLSS Bronze Medallion or equivalent
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will contact you if you have been shortlisted. Full Job Description available on request.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.