Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard (Wet)
The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
To form part of a trained team of frontline staff who will provide attendant support to the public & staff to ensure a safe & user friendly environment. To deliver a high quality service in a professional manner in accordance with Leisure Services policies & procedures, including a nationally accredited quality scheme.
Hours of work: up to 32hrs per week
- 4 GCSE passes Grades A - C (or equivalent) AND 6 months relevant experience working in a customer facing role OR in lieu of qualifications, 12 months' relevant experience working in a customer facing role
- Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters & includes spinal board assessment
- Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment e.g. public building, office complex
- Have a good knowledge of health & safety relevant to the post
- Attend ongoing training to maintain National Pool Lifeguarding qualification
- Have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post
- Be flexible to work a range of hours which may include evenings, weekends, public holidays & early mornings
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Access NI check
- Hold a NVQ qualification in Recreation and Leisure OR an equivalent subject
- A current recognised First Aid certificate (e.g. British Red Cross, St Johns Ambulance, Order of Malta)
- Experience of supporting school groups/young people in a recreational situation
- Experience of undertaking work requiring the erection & dismantling of equipment
Rate of Pay: £10.01 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.