Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Leisure Operations Manager to join their team.
Role : Leisure Operations Manager
Location : JDLC Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1 - 12 weeks £16.98 p/hr 13 weeks + £18.85
Main Duties :
- Responsible to the Sport & Wellbeing - General Manager for contributing to corporate objectives through the effective, efficient and economic management of the centre(s), including ensuring that financial and non-financial targets are achieved and that the service is developed to its full potential.
- Management of a high performance team focused on optimising the quality and commerciality of the service with current direct line management responsibility for Duty Officers, ensuring all staff have the appropriate levels of training and development to deliver against service needs.
- Successfully implementing the Business Plan and associated revenue budget for the centre and be responsible for operational delivery, ongoing monitoring and review, including the collation of performance data and the production of management reports.
- Ensure that facility management and service delivery complies with all statutory and legislative requirements and works in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Develop relationships, actively promoting customer engagement and partnership working to ensure increased participation/income and to implement a programme of continuous improvement to meet community needs.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- A third level academic qualification, preferably within Leisure.
- A minimum of 3 years leisure facility management experience to include:
- managing a leisure facility in line with business planning requirements;
- successfully managing a budget;
- managing a team of staff who work at various levels;
- developing a leisure programme which supports increasing participation levels.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 4 years relevant experience as outlined above.
- An understanding of the legislative framework governing the work of the department.
- Understanding of issues impacting on service delivery.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- Computer literacy - ability to use a wide variety of computer programmes, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint.
A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.