The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
- Drive and be responsible for the operation of a refuse collection vehicle or skip collection vehicle for the purpose of the removal and disposal of refuse and recyclable
- Responsible for ensuring with the crew, the best operational relationships between the service and members of the public, and that the crew observe Council policies and procedures and operate efficiently to work
- Drive and be responsible for any vehicle up toLGV Category C standard requiring specialist driving Duties will include:
- Vehicle checks requiring routine maintenance (e.g. Oil and water checks).
- Cleaning and operation of any power mechanism which may be
- Ensure all safety stops, chains are available and operating.
- Cleaning, transporting goods equipment and personnel, and completion of associated paperwork.
- Whilst not driving, undertake ancillary duties as appropriate to the type of work undertaken by the teams being service Such duties may specifically include: Undertaking, either individually or as a member of a team, duties connected with the removal of household, industrial and commercial refuse from a variety of locations, e.g. houses, shops, schools and on premises assisted collections. This could involve the full use of refuse containers, e.g. plastic sacks, wheelie bins, and paladin bins.
- Clean up spillage, loose refuse and litter debris in any area whether arising from skip collection operation or refuse collection and disposal of waste in an appropriate manner at designated disposal
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
- HGV Class 2 Licence & valid CPC & digicard
- At least 6 months' experience dealing with the public in a face-to-face customer focused role
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues in relation to manual handling, & working with mechanical equipment while in the presence of the public & traffic
- Ability to work on own initiative while working as part of a team
- Ability to maintain work written records
- Hold a full valid driving licence & have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full
- Ability to work a shift pattern including evenings, weekends & public/bank holidays
- Rates of Pay: £10.41 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.