Lifeguards - Limavady
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enforce regulations which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all patrons using the Centre's facilities. Monitoring and supervising the public to such effect.
2. Following an approved training programme, develop a working knowledge of all Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Actions Plans in order to carry out duties, in particular pool life-guarding and supervision, in such a manner as to prevent serious incidents or injuries from occurring. In developing such knowledge and skills through staff training and normal duties, be able to react in a calm and effective manner to all major incidents.
3. Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and complete relevant documentation on such. On request, assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness for the outdoor boundaries of the centre eg: for special events, health & safety requirements.
4. Establish and maintain customer awareness of Council policies and procedures and Health & Safety protocols, whilst still maintaining good customer care practice. Complete local government training courses on such.
5. At all times ensure compliance with Council policy on Child Protection, both in carrying out duties and in supervision of members of the public. Complete a training course on such.
6. Responsible for the safe handling, erecting, dismantling and storage of all equipment and materials within the centre.
7. Responsible for setting up and taking down of equipment for centre bookings according to timetables as set by management and ensuring that activities, courses etc. operate efficiently. Adapt such timetables as required, acting on information provided by Duty Manager, Receptionists and Patrons, regarding alterations to bookings etc.
8. Responsible for the correct use and care of all equipment / machinery in respect of the normal operations of the centre.
9. Responsible for the safe and correct use of all cleaning chemicals used in the centre as specified by COSHH, ensuring that all cleaning is carried out in a safe manner with due regard for the health and safety of customers and other employees.
10. Responsible for administering First Aid, ensuring incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly with due regard to the safety of fellow employees and public / casualties. Responsible for recording accurate details relating to incidents in respect of potential insurance claims, relating all details of incidents accurately to the Duty Manager and when necessary, appear in court to represent the Council.
11. Report defects in or damage to the building and equipment, fixtures and fittings of the facility to the Duty Manager. In the case of urgent or emergency situations, carry out such replacement / repairs as are within the ability of the member of staff, that ensure the safety of the complex and its patrons.
12. One to one training of new centre attendants/life-guards as allocated by Duty Manager, to include Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans, erection and dismantling of all equipment ensuring all Health & Safety issues are addressed.
13. Comply with and ensure compliance with Council's Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
14. Comply with and actively promote Council's Policies and Procedures on all aspects of Equal Opportunities.
1. Possession of a Bronze Medallion qualification or equivalent.
2. Possess a good level of physical fitness.
1. Possession of a National Pool Lifeguard qualification.
2. First Aid qualification.