Help support and provide assistance to the OTL for all duties in relation to the smooth running of the Department.
Line Leader Function
* Ensure the efficient and effective running of the production area by the strict adherence of departmental operating procedures and management instructions.
* Ensure that work rates, production targets, hygiene, quality and housekeeping standards, and all other key performance indicators are met and maintained.
* Ensure that all safety rules and procedures are observed and that the work area, machinery, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
* Inform and liaise with Managers on areas of concern relating to product specifications, quality, health and safety, machinery faults and other daily issues.
* Ensure engineering staff are advised of all machinery breakdowns and liaise with engineering staff to minimise down time and meet production targets
* Ensure all technical specifications are applied to satisfy customer product requirements.
* Assist in the management of personnel matters such as training, discipline and grievance handling
* Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary.
* 100% Safety start up inspections
* Safety SIR targets - green
* GMP Standards - green
* Quality to specifications and line visuals are in place by SKU
* Reject tray/waste levels targets to standards
* Giveaway targets and ensuring these are kept to the least possible
* Assist in evaluating, utilising, deployment and embedment of a range of continuous improvement and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational excellence which can be measured through the financial performance of the factory and in line with Profit Improvement Plans (PIP).
* People management not part of role
* Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
* Key performance indicators
* Customer Service Level
* Audit Compliance
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible through normal channels of communication for implementing the company procedures for Health and Safety matters. You will take all reasonable practicable measures to ensure the health and safety of all persons working under your control. You have a general duty of care for all employees, visitors, the environment and contractors working in your departments. You will be responsible for ensuring that all personnel under your control are made aware of the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy and safety rules and that the appropriate training and information on health and safety mattes are given.
* Understand the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy, Company Safety Rules and Statutory requirements applying to all operations under your control.
* Ensure that the arrangements made by the Company to secure the Health and Safety of employees are implemented.
* Ensure that all persons in your department are trained and given such information, instruction and supervision as may be necessary to enable them to work safely, without injury to health.
* Ensure that all persons in your department know the procedures for reporting accidents
* Ensure that all persons in your department are made aware of the location of the first aid facilities
* Ensure that all persons in your department are familiar with the routine in case of fire or other emergency that might require evacuation of the workplace
* Ensure that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are investigated promptly and reported, stating the cause of the accident and/or occurrence and the action taken or recommended to prevent recurrence
* Ensure that hazards in the departments are identified and that risk assessments are completed, to the appropriate standard.
* Ensure that all substances under your management have suitable and sufficient risk assessments (COSHH) completed (if appropriate), are stored in the correct manner and that copies of all COSHH assessments are passed to the Health and Safety for inclusion in the COSHH Manual.
* Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work
* Set an example in safe behaviour
* Where applicable, ensure that all plant, machinery and equipment is safe to use and, that all dangerous parts of machinery are guarded and that the guards provided are correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, whilst the machinery is in motion or use
* Ensure that overalls, protective clothing and equipment provided is adequate for the purpose intended and is used by all persons as appropriate
* Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained throughout your areas of responsibility
* Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in respect of all reported defects and complaints relating to Health and Safety.
* Ensure full honest co-operation with the appointed Safety Representatives where appointed, in matters relating to Health and Safety.
* Ensure full co-operation with HR Manager and appointed claims investigator in matters relating to employer's liability claims
* Ensure that at least 4 times per year, systematic and comprehensive safety inspections are carried out throughout your departments/areas. A copy of the report must be submitted to site's Health and Safety Advisor. Corrective action must be implemented based on all written reports and on other performance indicators.
* Ensure that where a contract has been agreed to carry out a task within your department the system relating to temporary employees or contractors is followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Good communication and organisational skills.
* Good level of English (written, reading & verbal)
* The ability to give instructions and effectively lead a team.
* A good team player.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on board new ideas.
* Have good time keeping, decision making and problem-solving skills. * Previous experience working within a poultry/meat environment.
* A previous record of high achievement in obtaining results at a supervisory level.
Day shift rotating (5/2)
wk1 5 days
wk2 2 days
6am-6pm or 7am-7pm
Monday to Friday