|Salary||Up to £11.02 per hour + Attendance Bonus|
|Published||24 days ago|
|Contact email||Dovile Kopacz|
|Job ref||Line leader_1678366738|
Help support and provide assistance to the OTL for all duties in relation to the smooth running of the Department.
Line Leader Function
* Ensure the efficient and effective running of the production area by the strict adherence of departmental operating procedures and management instructions.
* Ensure that work rates, production targets, hygiene, quality and housekeeping standards, and all other key performance indicators are met and maintained.
* Ensure that all safety rules and procedures are observed and that the work area, machinery, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
* Inform and liaise with Managers on areas of concern relating to product
specifications, quality, health and safety, machinery faults and other daily issues.
* Ensure engineering staff are advised of all machinery breakdowns and liaise with engineering staff to minimise down time and meet production targets
* Ensure all technical specifications are applied to satisfy customer product requirements.
* Assist in the management of personnel matters such as training, discipline and grievance handling
* Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary.
* 100% Safety start up inspections
* Safety SIR targets - green
* GMP Standards - green
* Quality to specifications and line visuals are in place by SKU
* Reject tray/waste levels targets to standards
* Giveaway targets and ensuring these are kept to the least possible
* Assist in evaluating, utilising, deployment and embedment of a range of continuous improvement and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational excellence which can be measured through the financial performance of the factory and in line with Profit Improvement Plans (PIP).
* People management not part of role
* Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Good communication and organisational skills.
* Good level of English (written, reading & verbal)
* The ability to give instructions and effectively lead a team.
* A good team player.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on board new ideas.
* Have good time keeping, decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Previous experience working within a poultry/meat environment.
* A previous record of high achievement in obtaining results at a supervisory level.
Full job description available.
If you're interested in any of these positions, please send your CV to Dovile.Kopacz@staffline.co.uk or contact Dovile on 07826 062441