Litigation Services Assistant
Temporary Litigation Services Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based in Newtownards.
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Location: Ards Community Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 1 year
- Ensure that sufficient documentation is requested, completed, collated and retained to assist the Trust in the processing of all claims and other requests for information
- Deal with all correspondence received from Solicitors and legal representatives in an expeditious, appropriate and effective manner
- Co-ordinate the processing of the Trust's claims, such as regular liaison with the Trust's legal service providers, claims investigators and staff at all levels within the Trust, including preparation of documentation for use in the defence of legal claims
- To arrange and co-ordinate any witness interviews, consultations and/or Court attendances
- To ensure that serious adverse incidents, are processed and administered in compliance with the Trust's/HSCB procedures
- Efficient servicing of committees/meetings, including preparation for the Trust's Claims Advisory Group/Claims Review Group meetings, ensuring follow up action is taken
- Ensure the efficient processing of all payments in relation to departmental services such as claims and inquests etc.
- Ensure the recording of relevant information on all claims, inquests and serious adverse incidents
- Compile and circulate routine statistical reports in relation to any information held with the Risk Management Database in line with agreed reporting timetables
- Act as system co-ordinator, maintain and monitor the quality of data input to the Risk Management Database, producing reports both statistic and narrative
- Be responsible for the day to day supervision of administrative and clerical staff within the Litigation Department to include induction, training, management of attendance and performance management
- Assist in audits of service provision
- Assist the Litigation Services Manager with operational requirements within the department
- Assist Heads of Service within the Directorate in relation to projects
- Ensure the review of performance is undertaken for all staff he/she has professional management responsibility for
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with company procedures
- Participate in the selection, recruitment, training and personal development of staff
- Maintain good working relationships and communication with all users of the services provided by the Litigation Department
- Generic managerial responsibilities both within an operational and strategic context
- Participate in any training programmes required
- Liaise with other staff throughout the Trust to ensure the provision of an efficient and effective service by the Litigation Department.
- HNC/D in relevant subject and 1 year's administrative experience at Band 3 (or equivalent)
- OR 4 GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent, one of which must be English Language and 3 year's experience at Administrative Band 3 (or equivalent)
- General computer literacy/skills including practical knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisation and time management
- Prioritisation of workload for self and others
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.