Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Litigation Solicitor - Grade 7, to start ASAP for a duration o 6-9 Months.
Pay rate: £25.89pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT4
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Experience of working as a team, qualified solicitor with experience of litigation and civil court proceedings
Good organisational and analytical skills and ability to move quickly and decisively with cases. Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word in relation to organising high volume of recovery cases.
- Please indicate on your CV how you meet the above criteria.
To assist in the recovery activity in relation to the Covid Grant Schemes.
To provide accurate and timely legal advice and counsel to the Head of the Covid Grants Assurance Branch.
To work collaboratively with the Head of the Covid Grants Assurance Branch in the identification and management of legal risks to the organisation.
- To liaise, in conjunction with the Head of the Covid Assurance Branch with PWC in relation to individual cases and progressing each case forward.
- To undertake legally complex operational, policy or litigation casework including reviewing each referred Fraud or Error Covid file on a case by case basis determining the appropriate action in relation to same.
- To manage resources ensuring these are used effectively in order to maximize benefits, including value for money and efficiency.
- To provide line management and developmental support to more junior legal and administrative colleagues as required.
- Expected to be experienced practitioners able to work independently or as part of a team and used to taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Clear degree of evaluative judgement and therefore be expected to demonstrate a high-level of professional proficiency and be highly competent and knowledgeable in relation to litigation.
- Expected to persuade and influence others, capable of building productive relationships internally and externally, representing the organisation effectively in meetings and in interactions with stakeholders, and providing clear and objective advice which identifies any wider policy or operational implications.
- To understand the politics of decision-making i.e. in relation to the Covid Grant Schemes and who needs to be involved at what stage from Head of Covid Grants Assurance Branch to PWC representatives and to exercise judgement as to when issues need to be elevated to head of Covid Assurance Branch.
- Such other duties as the head of the Covid Grants Assurance Branch may direct.
To advise on litigation within Covid Grants Assurance Branch; working collaboratively with the client and Counsel drafting pleadings and other documents; assembling instructions to Counsel, and instructing Counsel at consultations and in hearings; and to provide advocacy services to client departments in the Courts.
- To interpret and apply legislation and precedent, exercise judgement in interpreting and applying relevant frameworks, identify strengths and weaknesses and consistently provide timely, clear, succinct and thoroughly researched legal advice.
- To work constructively with clients and stakeholders on difficult issues with the aim of encouraging the resolution of issues in order to make considered decisions which are legally robust
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**