|Published||17 days ago|
|Job ref||Logistic Fore Person_1677835198|
Staffline Ireland are delighted to be working in partnership with Moy Park, one of the UK's top 15 food companies, Northern Ireland's largest private sector business and one of Europe's leading poultry producers.
We are currently seeking for Logistics Foreperson.
To be responsible for the efficiency and professionalism of the distribution operation, maintaining the best service at the lowest cost by blending the use of external hauliers/contractors with own fleet. To operate within the parameters set by both company policies and transport legislation. To control the Moy Park drivers and external service providers to ensure provision of high customer service levels. To adequately control supplies of birds to the factory. To be involved with other projects as necessary i.e. Health and Safety, HACCP, Training etc.
To cover the duties of the logistics manger during their absence. Standards of performance are met when: (a) Any other duties that occur during the Logistics managers absence.
Ensure the drivers and catching team are aware of work order for the shift - Standards of performance are met when: (a) Work schedules are relayed to catching forepersons and lorry drivers through out the shift (b) Inform parties of farms they are going to, houses to be cleared, number of birds to be collected, packing quantities and other key information
Make changes to the work schedule where necessary - Standards of performance are met when: (a) Changes are made in response to operational needs (b) Make sure all relevant parties are aware of changes (including production) (c) Ensure schedule is updated accurately
Contact growers with estimated catch times - Standards of performance are met when: (a) To be completed approximately 12 hours in advance or as soon as reasonable practical (b) Information is communicated clearly, accurately and professionally.
Contact Lorry Drivers and Catching Team with shift starting times - Standards of performance are met when: (a) Contacted as soon as reasonably practical/possible. (b) Confirm driver holiday bookings accordingly.
Loading birds onto the Meyn Line - Standards of Performance are met when: (a) Incoming birds are weighed on the weigh bridge (b) Weights are recorded accurately on a weight docket accompanied by the catching docket (c) Birds are loaded onto the line using an automatic unloading system (d) Trailers are washed and disinfected (e) Empty modules are reloaded onto trailers using an automatic loading system (f) The above includes using a shunter and forklift truck Updated: March 2020 Issue 3.0 Updated by: Nigel Boyd and Ruth Booth
Ensure all vehicles are maintained - Standards of performance are met when: (a) All vehicles are inspected for general visual checks i.e. tyres (b) If an issue is notices or reported that it is followed up and the correct steps to fix/ensure it is fixed are taken (c) Any work carried out on a vehicle is noted in the log book (d) Escalation of non-conformances & issues in a timely manner to logistics manager.
Ensure personnel operating out of the Transport office are aware of bird welfare standards.
Any other duties that are required
The Job of a Foreperson (office based) involves working as part of a team of people and independently. The Foreperson reports directly into the Logistics Manager. The Foreperson is required to effectively liaise with other Foreperson (s), The Catching Team, Lorry Drivers and Farmers.
The job is performed mainly within an office environment, but when performing the daily role of loading birds onto the intake lines the job incumbent will be working in outdoor conditions operating machinery and vehicles.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and listen in English
- Must be numerate - Must have good communication skills
- Good manual dexterity is essential
- The ability to think clearly is essential
- The ability to work on own initiative is essential
- Good interpersonal skills are essential
- The ability to work as a team member is essential
- Flexibility with shift and working hours is essential
- Ability to complete and understand paperwork is essential
- Ability to solve problems essential
- Ability to make decisions essential
- Computer literacy is essential
- A knowledge of Moy Park is desirable
- Valid Forklift Licence is desirable
- Valid Shunter Licence is desirable
- Valid Driving Licence with Category C1 desirable
- Valid Moffit Mountie Licence is desirable
- Experience dealing with people on the phone is desirable
- Bird welfare knowledge is desirable
- Bio-security awareness is desirable
- Planning and co-ordination experience desirable
- Experience working in transport desirable
Thursday to Monday 6:00am- 2:00pm
If you are interested, please get in touch with Dovile: firstname.lastname@example.org | 07826062441