Job Title: Logistics Administrator
The Client: Staffline Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a Logistics Administrator in the Public Sector. This position will be based in Citywest, and is on a temporary basis up to end of December.
The Role: The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Logistics Department and play a part in the day-to-day management of the administrative aspects of fleet, including inter alia, processing of relevant paperwork pertaining to fleet, assisting of hiring / de-hiring of vehicles, monitoring vehicles utilisation and general accounts work.
In addition to this role the successful candidate will be expected to participate in projects and initiatives being undertaken by the Logistics Department on a need basis and provide overall general administrative support for the Department.
Hours of Work: Working 37 Hours per week Monday to Friday
- Providing general administrative support to the Logistics Department
- Liaising with Fleet Maintenance and Telematics providers as required to assist in the efficient running of fleet.
- Support the organisation of internal and external activities/events, collating and recording required information / documentation to ensure all department activities are administered efficiently.
- Provide support for the general administrative function in the Headquarters as needed.
- Manage own work from start to finish to strict deadlines.
- Attending meetings, taking minutes, and typing of all forms of correspondence
- Provision of finance administration ensuring proper records are kept including, purchasing, invoices, generating payment requisitions, purchase orders, fixed assets (updating register, tagging, stock checks etc.), creditors reconciliations and other control accounts, tax matters etc.
- Prepare reports and other materials, using standard and some non-standard formats and software.
- Produce management information from data and/or statistics in order that accurate and reliable information is available for unit/departmental decision making.
- Develop and maintains spreadsheets and simple databases, including shared databases/spreadsheets on an intranet platform.
- Provisions of data and information to departmental colleagues as required.
- Assist in the preparation of account as required.
- Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by applicable line manager.
Note: The above attempts to outline in a broad sense the range of duties associated with an Administrative Assistant Grade IV post. However other duties may arise as the requirements of our customers and online facilities change over time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as part of a team e.g. openness, punctuality, flexible approach to duties.
- Customer Service focused with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised to strict deadlines while focused on detail.
- Commitment and self-motivation
- Has the ability to think creatively and strives to continually improve own processes and areas of business.
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good numeric skills
- Takes a positive approach towards development of self and others.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors and question information received.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and financial programs.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Upholds the highest standards of honesty, ethics & integrity.
- Customer service skills
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
- At least two years relevant experience in a similar role
Pay €28,750 (an hourly rate of €14.89 based on a 37 hour week. 27 days hols per annum)
An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.