Logistics Co Ordinator
This role is a temporary role reporting to the Logistics Manager. The successful candidate will primarily focus on customer delivery requirements and specifications. The duties within the role include:
- Planning and organising deliveries to ensure loads are correct and scheduled in to arrive on time
- Administration of despatch and all other relevant paperwork
- Ensuring a high level of communication with the Distribution and Warehouse team, external providers and all other stakeholders within the Company
- Desirable to have a good regional geographical knowledge of the UK
- Establish and maintain friendly and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the content and timing of all deliveries is agreed in advance with customers according to agreed procedures and that all customers are made aware of any changes to the content or format of the delivery if these are amended in any way after the initial customer contact.
- Ensure that all customers whose payment terms are COD are made aware of any payment due in advance of the delivery according to agreed procedures and to ensure that all customers are made aware of any changes to the amount of payment due if this are amended in any way after the initial customer contact.
- Ensuring that all queries from internal or external customers are monitored until completion even when passed to another department for action.
- Ensure that all other staff responsible for customer care are kept informed of any issues or problems that a customer may communicate to the dispatch department.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality with no prior holiday arrangements/engagements during this period of offer.
- Adhere to relevant Health and Safety procedures.
- Any other duties as required by management