Staffline Ireland are recruiting on behalf of a market leading packaging company for a Logistics Manager. The Logistics Manager will focus on maximising and driving efficient processes, people development and training, outside storage improvement & cost reduction, customer satisfaction matrices, digitisation and digitilisation of processes, SAP enquiries, reporting, stock queries and stock accuracy.
- Implement and maintain rigorous health and safety standards
- Drive quality assurance improvements in the department and processes
- Change management and execution
- Ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time and in full at optimum cost
- Transportation & fleet management
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements around KPIs and strategic objectives
- Manage outside storage requirements and contracts
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Develop continuous improvement projects, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions using CIP tools and ensuring training throughout the department
- Continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and environmental obligations
- Performance enhancement & management and development of colleagues linked to site strategic goals
- Work on new supply strategies based on digital transformation
- Develop new strategies to streamline internal processes and pallet flow and reduce cost
- Use specialist knowledge, such as automation systems, to provide consultancy services
- Assist group transport strategies and reduce cost
- Any other duties role may involve
- 3 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated history of executing improvement projects and change management & improving KPIs
- Technical proficiency in MS suite, Teams, digital platforms and processes
- Attained or working towards recognised Stores/Inventory or Logistics qualification
- Safety and quality focused
- Strategic thinking & adaptable to change
- Ability to empower colleagues & delegate effectively
- People orientated leadership
- Effective communicator
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ambition & determination to succeed
- Resilient problem solver
- Technical knowledge and skill
- Planning and organising
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment
- SAP experience within Warehousing and Materials Management modules
- Digital experience in managing processes & reporting and day to day activities
The successful Logistics Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Learning & Development opportunities, Health promotions, Pension contribution, Long service awards, Enhanced annual leave, Free car parking, Bereavement Leave, Occupational sick pay, Enhanced maternity/paternity pay, Perks discount scheme, Death in service benefit, Simply Health healthcare benefit.
The Logistics Manager role will be based in County Tyrone.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.