1. JOB INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: Machine Minder
DEPARTMENT: Retail - Operations
REPORTS TO: Line Leader
RELIEF: Machine Minder/Line Leader
2. JOB PURPOSE
The job of Machine Minder involves working as a member of a team, reporting to the Department Manager/Supervisor. Effective liaison, team working and interaction with other operatives and supervisory staff is fundamental. The job role involves carrying out mechanical duties in relation to equipment used in the production environment, operating machinery and acting as first level maintenance. The role will encompass the maintaining and basic upkeep of the machinery
3.1 FINANCIAL: Commercial Awareness of Impact of Actions
3.2 DIRECT REPORTS: None
3.3 ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE / REPORTING LINE:
4. DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Machine Minder Function
1. Liaising with the maintenance department to report any faults/maintenance issues with machinery
2. Change blades/heads and correct settings on all Mondini and Seal Pac
3. Carry out daily tests to ensure high performance of machines and adjust to obtain high performance
4. Maintain inspect and maintain product holders daily
5. Sign off checklist and record faults and changes made
6. Pre- start checks are carried prior to commencing and checks carried out during the day:
(a) Check that all lines are running properly
(b) Check that all conveyor belts are running correctly
7. Changing blades/Maintaining of the Heads inside and outside - Standards of performance are met when:
(a) Blades/Heads are changed according to work order schedule
8. Tools and equipment used are monitored and recorded daily on Process Control Sheets - Standards of performance are met when:
(a) Equipment is signed out at start of shift and signed in at major break times and at end of shifts
(b) Took box inventory maintained
9. Where trained, carry out other maintenance duties within the department
10. Any other duties, that may be requested by the Manager
· Output - pence per pack
* Take responsibility for, and always promote workplace organisation
· People management not part of role
· Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
· To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
5. MEASURABLE OUTPUTS
· GMP Scores
Responsible through normal channels of communication for implementing the company procedures for Health and Safety matters. You will take all reasonable practicable measures to ensure the health and safety of all persons working under your control. You have a general duty of care for all employees, visitors, the environment and contractors working in your departments. You will be responsible for ensuring that all personnel under your control are made aware of the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy and safety rules and that the appropriate training and information on health and safety mattes are given.
· Understand the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy, Company Safety Rules and Statutory requirements applying to all operations under your control.
· Ensure that the arrangements made by the Company to secure the Health and Safety of employees are implemented.
· Ensure that all persons in your department are trained and given such information, instruction and supervision as may be necessary to enable them to work safely, without injury to health.
· Ensure that all persons in your department know the procedures for reporting accidents
· Ensure that all persons in your department are made aware of the location of the first aid facilities
· Ensure that all persons in your department are familiar with the routine in case of fire or other emergency that might require evacuation of the workplace
· Ensure that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are investigated promptly and reported, stating the cause of the accident and/or occurrence and the action taken or recommended to prevent recurrence
· Ensure that hazards in the departments are identified and that risk assessments are completed, to the appropriate standard.
· Ensure that all substances under your management have suitable and sufficient risk assessments (COSHH) completed (if appropriate), are stored in the correct manner and that copies of all COSHH assessments are passed to the Health and Safety for inclusion in the COSHH Manual.
· Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work
· Set an example in safe behaviour
· Where applicable, ensure that all plant, machinery and equipment is safe to use and, that all dangerous parts of machinery are guarded and that the guards provided are correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, whilst the machinery is in motion or use
· Ensure that overalls, protective clothing and equipment provided is adequate for the purpose intended and is used by all persons as appropriate
· Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained throughout your areas of responsibility
· Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in respect of all reported defects and complaints relating to Health and Safety.
· Ensure full honest co-operation with the appointed Safety Representatives where appointed, in matters relating to Health and Safety.
· Ensure full co-operation with HR Manager and appointed claims investigator in matters relating to employer's liability claims
· Ensure that at least 4 times per year, systematic and comprehensive safety inspections are carried out throughout your departments/areas. A copy of the report must be submitted to site's Health and Safety Advisor. Corrective action must be implemented based on all written reports and on other performance indicators.
· Ensure that where a contract has been agreed to carry out a task within your department the system relating to temporary employees or contractors is followed.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
This description is intended to be a guide of what duties are most likely but should not be taken as a definitive list. Moy Park reserves the right to vary duties and add duties as they see necessary.